Congratulations Antonio! First Battery Boss of the year!
October 27, 2016
It’s on like Donkey Kong! The Challenge just started and we already have our first Battery Boss of the year!
Congratulations to Antonio of Hamilton! Antonio completed all five student missions and as a result, his name will be entered two times in the upcoming student prize draw on December 9th, 2016. Antonio will also have another chance to win in the Family Day prize draw on February 20th, 2017. The Family Day prize draw is exclusive to Battery Bosses and the winner will walk away with a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls!
Antonio was “over-the-moon” to learn that he was the first student to complete all five missions this year. He received a lot of help from everyone in his family and his mom helped by spreading the word on Facebook and at her work. Because of his efforts, many more people are now aware that batteries should be recycled! Great job Antonio!
Antonio’s mother says that he’s been very focused on this project and he’s proud to be helping the environment and the SickKids Foundation, a cause that means a lot to Antonio and his family. We’re all very proud of Antonio too!
When we asked Antonio how he feels about being the first Battery Boss of the year, he said “It feels AWESOME!”
Good luck in the upcoming draws Antonio!
To learn more about student missions and how to become a Battery Boss, take a moment to watch this short video.
- Curbside Battery Recycling Program
- What's Inside A Battery?
- Find a recycling location near you!
- How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detectors
- OSBRC Wraps up another Fantastic Year! 4/19/19
- Ontario Schools Battery Recycling Challenge Wraps up April 19th! 4/2/19
- Batteries Dead? Recycle Instead! Spring 2019 2/28/19
- Battery Boss Draw for Family Stay at Great Wolf Lodge February 19th! 2/1/19
- OSBRC Top Five Campaign Ideas! 11/30/18
- Visit the archives for more!
- April 2019 (2)
- February 2019 (2)
- November 2018 (2)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (2)