First Battery Boss of the Year!
December 02, 2015
We’re happy to announce that Lily of Stoney Creek has completed all five Student Missions and she was the first Battery Boss of the year!
This is the second time Lily has earned the title and we were very fortunate to be able to thank her in front of her classmates at a recent school assembly.
Sarah asked Lily about her recent achievement and here’s what she had to say:
Sarah – Wow Lily, you recycled a lot of batteries! How did you do it?
Lily - I collected my batteries from all of our remotes and games. My family are also big helpers. They know I like to recycle batteries and they keep them for me and they helped me by getting the batteries out of the remotes and games.
Sarah - Why is recycling your batteries important to you?
Lily - Because I like to do all the missions, and it's fun to help recycle so they do not go in the garbage.
Sarah - How does it feel to be RMC’s first official Battery Boss of the year?
Lily - I am super excited, and my Mommy and Daddy took me out for dinner to celebrate!
Sarah - This is your second year being a Battery Boss; do you think you will be a Battery Boss next year too?
Lily - Yes, I want to be a Battery Boss again when I am in grade 1. I love recycling batteries!
Thank you Lily, keep up the great work!
Lily will have her name entered into the Family Day Prize draw for a family trip to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls! Good luck!
- Curbside Battery Recycling Program
- What's Inside A Battery?
- Find a recycling location near you!
- How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detectors
- Battery Boss Draw for Family Stay at Great Wolf Lodge February 19th! 2/1/19
- OSBRC Top Five Campaign Ideas! 11/30/18
- Congratulations Violet of Port Rowan - First Battery Boss of the Year! 11/5/18
- 5th Annual OSBRC Starts Today! 10/15/18
- Batteries Dead? Recycle Instead! Fall 2018 9/24/18
- Visit the archives for more!
- February 2019 (1)
- November 2018 (2)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (2)