Last Day of the 2015/2016 OSBR Challenge!
April 22, 2016
Smile, it’s Earth Day!
At 5:00 p.m. the OSBRC Leaderboard will be locked marking the end of this year’s Ontario Schools Battery Recycling Challenge! This year the program reached more than 70,000 students and together they recycled approximately 25,000 kilograms of single-use household batteries!
Estimated prize pool: $10,000!
The winning schools will be announced after all of the batteries are received, weighed and sorted by chemistry at Raw Materials Company in Port Colborne Ontario. Please keep your eye on the leaderboard as things may change as point scores get updated over the coming weeks. Same a last year, we will be sending out detailed reports to each school highlighting your diversion efforts. This data can also be recorded in your school’s annual waste diversion report, so please hang on to it.
Once the batteries are sorted, we will be recycling all of the single-use alkaline batteries using our sustainable recycling technology. 100% of of these alkaline batteries will be reused and nothing will end up in the landfill.
Stay tuned! Winning schools will be announced in June!
Thanks again for all of your hard work this year. We had a great time working with everyone and seeing your campaigns in action. We’ll connect again during the third week of June to announce the winners. In the meantime, take an Earth Day break to visit the OSBRC Gallery!
Happy Earth Day everyone!
- Curbside Battery Recycling Program
- What's Inside A Battery?
- Find a recycling location near you!
- How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detectors
- Last Day of the OSBRC! 4/20/18
- Recycle Those Batteries! OSBRC Finish Line is in Sight! 4/4/18
- Batteries Dead? Recycle Instead! Spring 2018 2/26/18
- The OSBRC Great Wolf Lodge Prize Draw - February 20th! 2/5/18
- In It for All the Right Reasons! 11/30/17
- Visit the archives for more!
- April 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (2)
- November 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (1)
- September 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (1)