Last Day of the Ontario Schools Battery Recycling Challenge
April 21, 2017
At 5:00 p.m. the OSBRC Leaderboard was frozen, marking the end of this year’s Ontario Schools Battery Recycling Challenge! The program reached 70,000 students again this year, only you recycled almost 10,000 more kilograms!
An estimated 35,000 kilograms recycled!
The winning schools will be announced after all of the batteries are received, weighed and sorted by chemistry at Raw Materials Company in Port Colborne Ontario. Please keep your eye on the leaderboard as things may change as point scores get updated over the coming weeks. Same a last year, we will be sending out detailed reports to each school highlighting your diversion efforts. This data can also be recorded in your school’s annual waste diversion report, so please hang on to it.
Once the batteries are sorted, we will be recycling all of the single-use alkaline batteries using our sustainable recycling technology. 100% of of these alkaline batteries will be reused and nothing will end up in the landfill.
Stay tuned! Winning schools will be announced in June!
Thanks again for all of your hard work this year. We had a great time working with everyone and seeing your campaigns in action. We’ll connect again during the third week of June to announce the winners. In the meantime, take an Earth Day break to visit the OSBRC Gallery!
Happy Earth Day everyone!
- Curbside Battery Recycling Program
- What's Inside A Battery?
- Find a recycling location near you!
- How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detectors
- Battery Boss Draw for Family Stay at Great Wolf Lodge February 19th! 2/1/19
- OSBRC Top Five Campaign Ideas! 11/30/18
- Congratulations Violet of Port Rowan - First Battery Boss of the Year! 11/5/18
- 5th Annual OSBRC Starts Today! 10/15/18
- Batteries Dead? Recycle Instead! Fall 2018 9/24/18
- Visit the archives for more!
- February 2019 (1)
- November 2018 (2)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (2)