Last Day of the OSBRC!
April 20, 2018
It’s that time of year again. At 5:00 p.m. today, we locked the OSBRC Leaderboard to mark the end of this year’s Challenge! Over the next few weeks, we’ll be updating the OSBRC website to reflect the actual amount of batteries recycled during the Challenge, so things may still change!
Approximately 1.3 million batteries recycled!
This year, the Challenge reached 65,585 teachers and students and together, you recycled approximately 1.3 million single-use batteries! The prize pool is higher than we’ve ever seen it, and it’s sure to climb even more by the time all the batteries have been sorted and weighed.
Winning schools will be announced in June!
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be gathering all the recycled batteries and bringing them to our Port Colborne recycling facility to be sorted, weighed and processed using our patented recycling technology. 100% of the alkaline batteries will be reused and nothing will go to landfill.
We plan to name the winners sometime during the third week of June, so please check back often!
Thank you to everyone that participated in this year’s Challenge, we wish you all the best of luck!
- Curbside Battery Recycling Program
- What's Inside A Battery?
- Find a recycling location near you!
- How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detectors
- Battery Boss Draw for Family Stay at Great Wolf Lodge February 19th! 2/1/19
- OSBRC Top Five Campaign Ideas! 11/30/18
- Congratulations Violet of Port Rowan - First Battery Boss of the Year! 11/5/18
- 5th Annual OSBRC Starts Today! 10/15/18
- Batteries Dead? Recycle Instead! Fall 2018 9/24/18
- Visit the archives for more!
- February 2019 (1)
- November 2018 (2)
- October 2018 (1)
- September 2018 (1)
- April 2018 (2)
- February 2018 (2)