Recycle Batteries to Support SickKids Foundation VS Campaign!
February 08, 2021
Above image is conceptual and subject to change.
This year, 30% of the OSBRC Prize Pool will be donated to the SickKids Foundation in Toronto on behalf of everyone participating.
Since 1875, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) has provided children and their families with world-class care, support and research to improve the health and well-being of children living in Ontario and around the world.
There are over 13,000 staff, students, trainees and volunteers at SickKids, and more than 400,000 patients and their families come through the SickKids doors every year. As Canada’s most research-intensive children’s hospital, SickKids conducts ground-breaking studies with global implications.
A hospital and research facility this size requires funding as well as philanthropic support. Donations to SickKids Foundation support the SickKids VS Limits Campaign, which is the largest fundraising campaign in Canadian health-care history. So far, the campaign has raised more than 75% of its $1.3 billion goal!
Images are conceptual and subject to change.
The money raised will be used to build a state-of-the-art hospital and patient support centre.
As much as the OSBRC is a Challenge where schools compete against one another for a chance to win prizes, always remember that it’s much more than that. There’s no doubt that recycling is good for the environment and your community, but as is the case here, recycling can also be a great way to support charities and causes that are important to all of us. So, as much as it is a competition, we’re also working together to support something awesome!
- Curbside Battery Recycling Program
- What's Inside A Battery?
- Find a recycling location near you!
- How to Prepare Your Batteries for Recycling
- Change the Batteries in Your Smoke Detectors
- OSBRC Student Mission Draw Winners! 12/19/22
- Congratulations Jedydiah! First Battery Boss of the Year! 10/31/22
- Ontario Curbside Battery Collections Schedule 10/18/22
- Can you imagine a life without batteries? 2/18/22
- Cole was the First Battery Boss of the Year! 11/8/21
- Visit the archives for more!
- December 2022 (1)
- October 2022 (2)
- February 2022 (1)
- November 2021 (1)
- October 2021 (1)
- September 2021 (1)